Bitcoin Developer Grant
Calvin has been contributing to the Utreexo project since 2019. His main interest is to improve the scalability in Bitcoin’s base layer.
Since 2017, he has been involved in Bitcoin with contributions such as:
- Localizations for Bitcoin Core and btcpayserver into Korean.
- Co-organizing and giving technical presentations at the Seoul Bitcoin Meetup.
- Leading a Bitcoin programming group in Korean.
His contributions to the Utreexo code was substantial in the first demo release of the project.
Calvin’s future work will be to:
- Lead implementing Utreexo into btcd (a bitcoin implementation in Go)
- Implement the Utreexo code in Rust
- Work on improving the initial block download time in Bitcoin
Reports by Calvin Kim:
In this piece, 100x Group grantee Calvin Kim explores several claims about the benefits of Utreexo and the extent these advantages have been realised. Calvin explains the significant progress which has been made in the latest implementation of Utreexo, however there is plenty of additional work to do before ordinary users will be using the technology.
In this short piece, 100x Group grantee Calvin provides a quick update on the development of the Utreexo implementation. Calvin is now looking forward to focusing on performance, integration with existing Bitcoin implementations, and adding robust tests to the codebase.