On 17 August 2022 at 12:00 UTC, we will delist the ALTMEXUSDT, DEFIMEXUSDT, and METAMEXUSDT perpetual swap contracts. The contracts will be settled early at 12:00 UTC on 17 August 2022 ( “Tsettle”) according to the standard practice described in our Exchange Guide.
The decision to delist this contract has been made due to insufficient trading interest in these contracts.
The timeline for the delisting process will be as follows:
The ALTMEXUSDT, DEFIMEXUSDT and METAMEXUSDT contracts will trade as normal until 04:00 UTC on 17 August 2022 (“Tstart”)
At Tstart 04:00 UTC on 17 August 2022:
- The Funding Rate, F0, will be calculated as normal using prices from the previous eight hours
- After Tstart, the Funding Rate will no longer be calculated and the next Funding Rate set to 0
- ALTMEXUSDT, DEFIMEXUSDT and METAMEXUSDT Contract Specification pages will display early settlement information
At Tsettle 12:00 UTC on 17 August 2022:
- The ALTMEXUSDT, DEFIMEXUSDT and METAMEXUSDT contracts will expire, all trading will cease, and all open orders will be canceled
- Funding, calculated using F0,will be exchanged (longs pay shorts if F0 > 0 and shorts pay longs if F0<0)
- All open positions in ALTMEXUSDT, DEFIMEXUSDT and METAMEXUSDT will be closed out using .BALTMEXT30M, .BDEFIMEXT30M and .BMETAMEXT30M respectively as the Settlement Prices
- No fees will be charged for settlement
- Once a contract has expired, the lifetime profit and loss of that contract will be added to the user’s Bitcoin balance, and this contract will no longer appear on the Positions section
In the meantime, if you have any questions regarding this announcement please contact Support.