Arbitrum, the biggest player in Ethereum’s layer-two scaling landscape, is about to airdrop its new Arbitrum token (ARB).
From today at 03:00 UTC, users will be able to gain exposure to the highly anticipated Arbitrum token – via our new USDT-margined ARB linear futures listing.
It’s an addition that means users can now long or short ARB, with up to 20x leverage.
For the lowdown on our new ARB listing, read on.
If you haven’t yet signed up for a BitMEX account, you can do so here.
ARB Linear Futures Contract Specs
ARBUSDTM23 is a linear futures contract, margined in USDT (ERC-20). It works similarly to a regular futures contract, but with some key differences (as detailed below).
ARB contract details:
- Symbol: ARBUSDTM23
- Expiry Date: 30 June, 2023
- Margin currency: USDT
- Contract Size: 0.001 ARB
- Lot Size: 1000
- Minimum Trade Amount: 1 ARB
- Underlying: .BARBT
- Max Leverage: 20x
- Maker Fee: 0.02%
- Taker Fee: 0.075%
- Base Initial Margin: 5.00%
- Base Maintenance Margin: 2.50%
Key differences between our ARB listing and other futures contracts:
- Mark Method: Last Price
- Price Limits: Limit Up and Limit Down set hourly at Mark Price +/- 20%
- Settlement Price: .BARBT30M
- Auto Deleveraging: Enabled
Please note that our new ARB listing is a highly speculative contract (ARB doesn’t trade actively yet). Because of this, we’ve changed a few items:
- We are using Last Price marking because there is not yet an observable price for ARB.
- To protect the market against manipulation, we will use Limit Up and Limit Down prices, which are set each hour, on the hour, at Mark Price +/- 20%. Traders will not be able to place bids above the Limit Up Price or place offers below the Limit Down Price.
- The .BARBT index will be constructed by BitMEX when it is possible for our team to produce a robust index that represents the spot price of the Arbitrum token. Once such an index exists, we may use our discretion to change the Mark Method to Fair Price. Until such an Index is created, the value of .BARBT will be set to 0. If there is no index constructed by the expiry date, the Settlement Value will be 0.
- As with all crypto derivatives contracts traded on BitMEX, there is a possibility that auto-deleveraging will occur. Since this contract is purely speculative, the possibility of auto-deleveraging is higher than on a regular contract.
- We have also altered the fees for this contract to 0 maker rebate and 25 basis points taker fee. We will change these fees once it looks more like a ‘regular’ futures contract. BMEX Token taker discounts will still apply.
About the Arbitrum Token
The Arbitrum Foundation recently announced that its new token, ARB, will be airdropped to community members on Thursday, 23 March.
According to the Arbitrum Foundation, ARB will be used to participate in the Arbitrum DAO – which governs over the Arbitrum ecosystem – including Arbitrum One (the “main” layer-two) and Arbitrum Nova.
These networks allow users to transact on the Ethereum blockchain with greater speeds and lower feeds.
Now that our Tether- (USDT ERC-20) margined contract is live, users can gain trading exposure to ARB – with up to 20x leverage.
In the meantime, if you have any questions please contact Support.