On 12 May 2022 at 20:00 UTC, BitMEX will delist the LUNAUSD and LUNAUSDT Perpetual Swap contracts. The contracts will be settled early at 20:00 UTC on 12 May 2022 (“Tsettle”) according to the standard practice described in our Exchange Guide.
The decision to delist the contracts has been taken based on the lack of stable spot prices available for the underlying indices.
The timeline for the delisting process will be as follows:The LUNAUSD and LUNAUSDT contracts will trade as normal until 12:00 UTC on 12 May 2022 (“Tstart”)
Tstart 12:00 UTC on 12 May 2022:
- The Funding Rates, F0, will be calculated as normal using prices from the previous 8 hours
- After Tstart, the Funding Rates will no longer be calculated and the next Funding Rate set to 0
- The LUNAUSD and LUNAUSDT Contract Specification pages will display early settlement information
At Tsettle20:00 UTC on 12 May 2022:
- The LUNAUSD and LUNAUSDT contracts will expire, all trading will cease, and all open orders will be cancelled
- Funding, calculated using F0, will be exchanged (longs pay shorts if F0 > 0 and shorts pay longs if F0<0)
- All open positions in LUNAUSD and LUNAUSDT will be closed out using .BLUNA30M and .BLUNAT30M as the Settlement Price
- There will be no fees charged for settlement
- Once a contract has expired, the lifetime profit and loss of that contract will be added to the user’s Bitcoin balance and this contract will no longer appear on the Positions section
For any questions regarding this announcement, please contact Support.